We are looking for an ambitious, data-driven marketer to work with a diverse clientele to create and implement email and marketing automation strategies at our Cleveland headquarters. An ideal candidate will have experience with marketing technology platforms (e.g. Pardot, Act-On, HubSpot, MailChimp), project management, email marketing strategy, CRM strategy and working with cross-functional teams. (And maybe be able to play a mean game of corn hole or have a secret pumpkin carving skill…)
As part of your role, you will work with team members to generate traffic to our clients’ sites through a variety of strategies, campaigns and tactics, convert traffic into new leads for the business and create nurture programs to transform those leads into customers in collaboration with our clients.
Here’s what’s on our wish list…
- Build marketing programs to achieve client goals, such as grow new leads by converting site traffic through calls to action, landing pages and lead generation content (including offers).
- Optimize marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, creative content executions and social media campaigns.
- Develop, execute and manage emails in leading platforms, such as Pardot, HubSpot, Act-On, MailChimp, Infusionsoft, etc.
- Be willing to learn crossover skills and seek certifications to make our services stronger and further integrated.
- Work with account managers and department leaders to scope and quote potential marketing automation projects, as well as plan and execute those projects once signed.
- Work with team members to develop editorial calendars that attract a qualified audience to our clients' owned properties (including blog posts, white papers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.).
- Establish closed-loop analytics to understand how our clients' marketing activity turns into customers and continually refine the process to convert customers.
- Plan, develop and execute both ad hoc communications and complex lifecycle campaigns.
- Optimize and maintain industry best practices for our client’s marketing automation ecosystem by actively exploring and implementing new features, functionality releases, advanced workflows, personalization and innovative segmentation.
- Implement A/B testing strategies and future testing roadmaps.
- Measure and analyze campaign effectiveness, including email and conversion metrics while also recommending strategic next steps.
- Assist in landing page creation, strategy, development and template layouts.
- Create dynamic lists to highly target audiences using data available through digital marketing platforms.
- Perform QA on development work, including verifying copy, design and functionality match campaign specifications.
- Recommend platforms to clients based on what will be the best fit for them.
- Possess a working understanding of all federal and international compliance requirements related to the marketing automation discipline (e.g. CAN-SPAM, GDPR, CCPA).
Responsibilities are one thing, but having the right mix of knowledge and boldness is another. We’re a small team, so being self-reliant and unafraid to try things on your own will be key.
Requirements and Desired Skills:
- BA/BS degree in marketing, computer science, business or similar
- Minimum five years of marketing experience
- Excellent communication and creative thinking skills with an ability to use data to inform decisions through actionable insights
- Strong writing, editing and proofing skills—from emails to client-facing strategies to blog posts, you will be writing and coaching others' writing
- Proficiency in multiple marketing automation tools and the ability to recommend a system based on current and future needs (certifications would be a plus)
- Strong understanding and knowledge of email best practices, innovative techniques and technologies
- Ability to present complex, ambiguous ideas clearly to both internal and external stakeholders using precise language
- Foundational experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager would be a bonus
- Intellectual and analytical curiosity
- Initiative to dig into the “why” of various results
- Must be comfortable with uncertainty, as projects and assignments will change rapidly, and we must be flexible enough to accommodate changing priorities and timelines
- Able to work with different business units and teams to gather input and communicate findings and practices
- Able to work independently and proactively in an open space with distractions (seriously, there are no walls)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Keen observation skills and a high attention to detail while working quickly and efficiently
- HTML/CSS troubleshooting skills would be a bonus