My name is Rachel and I'm determined to break into the digital marketing field.
I graduated from Southern Illinois University - Carbondale last May with a bachelor’s degree in Journalism. My coursework helped me develop excellent communication skills with a sharp eye for detail. After graduation, I landed my first post-grad job as an Account Executive at Yelp in downtown Chicago. It was a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment for a growing tech company while learning about how to maintain positive client relations and formulate advertising strategies. I was able to build a base understanding of social media advertising and pay per click (PPC). My goal is to continue to learn and grow by transitioning to a digital marketing focused role.
I am fascinated by the analytical side of marketing and am diving head first into learning as much as I can about key concepts such as search engine optimization (SEO), pay per click (PPC), social media advertising, user experience (UX) and conversion rate optimization (CRO).
I understand that I don't have an extensive background in digital marketing and my work experience may not compare to that of other applicants, but the one thing that sets me apart from anyone else is my work ethic. I personally believe that the key to success in any role is hard work and a thirst for learning. I can promise you that I will pour myself into the role, constantly ask questions and do everything I can to grow my digital marketing skill sets.
My goal is to land an entry level position as a digital marketer and I will not quit trying until I succeed.
Aug 2018 - Oct 2018
- Ensured the success of Sam’s Club direct marketing campaigns by driving approximately 5k in revenue to the business, clients and retailer
- Performed pre/post-production quality assurance of campaigns to ensure compliance with guidelines resulting in 100% error free execution
- Conducted interviews, trained new employees on direct marketing systems and managed inventory counts
Sep 2017 - Jul 2018
- Managed a pipeline of 120 local businesses across the U.S.- all organized in CRM (Salesforce)
- Strategized approaches to sell Yelp advertising options through a high volume of outbound calls and emails
- Produced recommendations quickly to suit client needs by asking effective questions and overcoming customer objections and rejection daily
Nov 2015 - May 2017
- Prospected leads and secured ad sales from local businesses in The Carbondale Times and Nightlife
- Contributed in exceeding yearly sales goals by 10%
- Created ad designs and edited publication layouts in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Bridge
- Reported on community events and proofed publications for print
Sep 2014 - May 2015
- Managed and created engaging social media content for Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter
- Brainstormed creative outreach strategies with a marketing team
- Planned and executed promotional events during holidays
- Provided leasing information to prospective residents and assisted with the opening of two sister buildings: HERE. and West Quad, in Champaign, IL
Bachelor's of Science in Journalism
Aug 2013 - May 2017
Southern Illinois University - Carbondale