I've been in the writing game for over a decade, and I've written it all: Emails, direct mail, social posts, press releases, wedding vows (true, they were my own, but they were fantastic. I can't stress that enough). I can develop your email and direct mail layouts, manage your copywriters and designers, stick to a budget, stick to a timeline, and adapt my writing to fit with literally any industry—try me. Need me to create a voice for your brand? No problem, just make sure I'm supplied with plenty of black coffee.
Senior copywriter and creative project manager
Aug 2016 -
- Create copy, wireframes, and design direction for all email types (including promotional, nurturing, engagement, and templates).
- Partner with freelance designers to develop mobile- and web-optimized email layouts that also pay special attention to logical eye paths.
- Manage a bank of freelance designers and copywriters, develop campaign proposals, and maintain project budgets.
- Mentor and train freelance copywriters on writing style, technique, eye path, design elements, and conversion best practices
- Establish and maintain working relationships with clients, serving as the main point of contact for the creative development of all campaigns.
- Work closely alongside account managers and clients to develop the strategy and timing for all email promotions.
- Develop copy and design testing strategies and optimize emails for conversion.
- Research all clients and their competitors to create brand messaging and value proposition guidelines and establish the company “voice.”
- Navigate through strict deadlines and quick turn-arounds.
- Copyedit all internal and client-based marketing materials, including emails, blog postings, news articles, and social posts.
Senior Copywriter and Project Manager
Aug 2011 - Aug 2016
Elsevier Medical Publishing
- Worked alongside B2B and B2C marketing managers and coordinators to develop and execute revenue-driving and awareness initiatives highlighting acclaimed medical publications.
- Wrote long- and short-form copy for landing pages; email campaigns; direct mail pieces; banner ads; in-book ads; posters; video scripts; flyers; and back covers and created and updated manuscript templates for each type of project.
- Maintained copy within Elsevier's PPM Content Management system.
- Served as the project manager for marketing campaigns:
- Managed the strategic and tactical elements of the campaign, serving as the point-person and project expert; frequently requested by marketing managers to be assigned to their campaigns
- Corresponded with marketing managers and designers regarding each aspect of the project, making copy and strategic suggestions and edits based on previous learnings, customer understanding, and best practice
- Negotiated project timelines
- Collaborated closely with in-house and off-site designers and art directors to create campaigns
- Gathered all necessary publication assets, including images, specs, and templates
- Met tight publication and project deadlines and expertly handled a high volume of work with limited resources.
Dec 2008 - Aug 2011
- Created all product copy for merchandise available on the Betsey Johnson, Wilsons Leather, PS for Aeropostale, Dick's Sporting Goods, and The Sports Authority websites.
- Edited co-workers’ copy to ensure correct spelling, grammar and adherence to specific style guides.
- Created and maintained partner style guides.
- Maintained working relationships with buyers to ensure accurate and detailed product information was available.
Aug 2011 -
- Develop copy for a variety of clients on a per-project basis.
- Campaigns include promotional emails, direct mail, flyers, press releases, and web content.
Bachelor of Arts - English/Journalism
Aug 2003 - May 2007
University of Delaware